Tiles, being utilized for flooring to enhance both the aesthetics and functionality of a space, whether it is your kitchen, bathroom, or any other area of your home, can present a daunting task when it comes to choosing the ones you should buy – especially considering their Tiles Price in Pakistan. With a vast variety of tiles available on the market, the decision-making process may become overwhelming for buyers.
This article will delve into the world of tiles in Pakistan, from their various types and uses to what affects their prices. We will also highlight prominent companies offering them and offer essential purchasing advice – so let’s get going!
Tiles Price in Pakistan
In Pakistan, tiles come in an assortment of materials, designs, and sizes that meet various tastes and budgets. Their prices can greatly vary based on type, quality, brand, and the area covered by each tile; on average they cost anywhere between Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 2,000 per square meter but premium and imported tiles may exceed this range.
|Minimum Price (PKR)
|Maximum Price (PKR)
Read Related Articles:
Types of Tiles in Pakistan
Ceramic tiles are one of the most economical and sought-after choices available to Pakistani consumers, thanks to being handmade from natural clay mixed with other materials before being baked in a kiln. These tiles come in an assortment of colors, patterns, and textures which makes them suitable for use anywhere within a home environment – they can even be found outdoors! Ceramics tiles are especially well suited to indoor spaces like flooring, walls, and backsplashes for maximum use potential.
Ceramic Porcelain tiles offer enhanced durability and water resistance due to being manufactured at higher temperatures, making them more robust and less porous. As they’re suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications – typically hallways and living rooms where traffic volumes are high – porcelain tiles make great flooring solutions.
Vitrified tiles are engineered tiles that undergo vitrification to become highly dense and water-resistant, boasting low porosity levels and being less likely to stain than their counterparts, making them an excellent choice for areas with high moisture levels such as bathrooms and kitchens.
Granite tiles are an elegant natural stone choice that exudes luxuriousness. Renowned for their durability and distinct patterns, each tile is one-of-a-kind! Commonly used for countertops, flooring, or accent walls in any setting to add an air of sophistication.
Marble Tiles Marble is an enduring natural stone option renowned for its timeless beauty and intricate veining patterns, often used for flooring, wall cladding, or decorative purposes. However, as opposed to other tile options, marble may be more costly.
Factors Affecting Tiles Price in Pakistan
Multiple factors determine the price of tiles in Pakistan:
- Material and Quality: Different materials have differing price points, and their quality can also affect their cost.
- Size and Thickness: Larger and thicker tiles may cost more than smaller and thinner ones.
- Design and Brand: Tiles featuring intricate designs or from well-recognized brands may have a higher price point.
- Imported Vs Local Tiles: Imported tiles may cost more due to shipping and handling expenses.
- Finish: Tiles that feature different finishes such as glossy, matte, or textured surfaces can come at various price points.
- Supply and Demand: Market demands can have an effectful result on tile prices.
Uses of Ceramic Tiles
Ceramic tiles can be an extremely versatile addition to a home. Some common uses for them include:
- Flooring: Ceramic tiles are an increasingly popular choice for living rooms, bedrooms, and kitchen floors due to their durability and visual appeal.
- Walls and Backsplashes: Walls and backsplashes can be used to create eye-catching accent walls while protecting kitchen walls from splashes and stains.
- Bathrooms: Ceramic tiles add elegance and class to a bathroom environment, adding the finishing touch.
- Outdoor Areas: Ceramic tiles provide a seamless transition from indoor to outdoor spaces in covered outdoor areas.
Difference Between Ceramic and Porcelain Tiles
Both ceramic and porcelain tiles are composed of clay, but there are key distinctions between the two materials:
- Composition: Porcelain tiles are produced using a finer clay mixture and fired at higher temperatures, creating dense and less porous tiles than ceramic ones.
- Water Absorption: Porcelain tiles boast low water absorption rates, making them suitable for areas with high moisture levels.
- Durability: Porcelain tiles tend to be more resistant to scratching and chipping compared to ceramic ones, offering greater longevity in terms of their resistance against scratches and chips.
- Applications: Ceramic tiles are typically limited to indoor use; while porcelain tiles can be utilized both inside and out.
Pros & Cons of Ceramic Tiles
Ceramic Tiles have their own set of advantages and disadvantages that must be considered before purchase. Here are their pros and cons.
- Affordable: Ceramic tiles are an economical choice that makes them suitable for projects on a tight budget.
- Variety: They come in an impressive array of colors, patterns, and designs that provide interior designers with endless design possibilities.
- Maintenance-Friendly: Ceramic tiles are low-maintenance options that make an ideal addition to busy households.
Cons of Ceramic Tiles:
- Porosity: Ceramic tiles may be more porous than porcelain ones, making them unsuitable for areas with high humidity levels.
- Durability: While vinyl tiles may be durable, they may not be as robust as porcelain or granite options.
Tile Companies in Pakistan
Numerous tile companies in Pakistan provide an array of products. Some prominent ones include:
- Master Tiles
- Ceramic Tiles
- National Tiles
- Sonex Tiles
- Gulistan Ceramic
- Shafiq Sons Tiles
- Time Ceramic
- Mughal Tiles
Tips To Consider Before Buying Tiles
Budget: When setting a tile budget, narrow down your options by creating an annual or biannual spending limit for yourself.
- Space and Area: When selecting tiles for installation, take into account where and when they will be laid out in terms of both their size and type. Select an ideal option accordingly.
- Quality: For high-traffic areas or areas prone to moisture exposure, invest in high-quality tiles.
- Visual Appeal: Choose tiles that blend in well with the overall theme and aesthetic of your home.
- Consult Professionals: When in doubt, seek advice from interior designers or tile specialists for assistance in making an informed decision.
Read Related Articles:
Conclusion: Tiles Price in Pakistan
Tiles play an integral part in creating the atmosphere and functionality of a space, from affordable ceramics to lavish marble or granite tiles – no matter your preferences and budget! Their choice can make an immense impactful statement about the overall aesthetics of your home.
With the increasing demand for quality tiles in Pakistan, both government and private investment in this industry is necessary for its expansion. Improving infrastructure, supporting local manufacturers, and attracting foreign investments are all vital to its growth.
With proper knowledge of different tile types, uses, and factors affecting prices, homeowners can make informed decisions to create beautiful yet functional living spaces.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Importing tiles can offer a broader range of options, but some locally produced tiles are of excellent quality too. It ultimately depends on your specific requirements and budget.
While ceramic tiles can be used in covered outdoor areas, it is generally recommended to opt for porcelain or vitrified tiles for better durability and water resistance in fully exposed outdoor spaces.
The lifespan of tiles can vary depending on their quality, maintenance, and usage. Generally, high-quality tiles can last for decades if properly cared for.
Regularly sweep or vacuum the tiles to remove dust and debris. Use a mild cleaning solution and a soft mop to clean the tiles. Avoid using harsh chemicals that may damage the tiles’ finish.
While marble tiles are elegant and luxurious, they are more prone to scratching and staining. In high-traffic areas, it is advisable to use tiles that are more durable, such as porcelain or granite.